Channel 4 report on networks that help families escape social services projects a picture of child protection services with persistent failures and consistent misjudgements. The programme includes interviews with various people including Corinne May-Chahal (Co-Chair of the College of Social Work) and John Hemming (Libdem MP for Birmingham Yardley) who assists such families once abroad and asserts that the court system is incapable of delivering a fair process/decision for these families.
Therefore, in today’s debate we will discuss and explore various questions such as:
1. Is the child protection system biased against such families?
2. Is the English judicial/court system incapable of delivering a fair sentence for these families?
3. Do social services and/or child protection services misuse the label of emotional abuse to separate children from their parents?
4. Is child protection system to hasty in taking children away from their families?
5. Is it ethical and/or appropriate for a businessman based in Monaco to finance such networks and/or families?
6. Is it ethical and appropriate for an MP to accuse the entire Child Protection / Child Welfare and court system in this manner?
7. How can we ensure that these children are protected and safe?
8. How can we change the system to improve outcomes for children and their families?
Join us to discuss and explore these and other relevant questions today at 6:00 PM BST (UK) / 1:00 PM EDT @SWSCmedia.